Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Grocery Bags

I am excessivly excited about my new bags. I can't figure out why I love them so much. I am even laughing at myself about how excited I am about these bags. I walked by a display of bags at Babies R Us the other day. $1.50 for a bag. They had some cute styles so I bought two and then used the bag for my purchases.


The register tag on the bag states "The average person uses over 350 plastic shopping bags a year" I also googled it and in the United States alone, we use 100 billion plastic bags a year. Thats just insane to me. I don't need that many bags! I try to save my plastic bags and recycle them for trash or dirty diapers but I never need as many as I have. Right now I've probably got 50 plastic bags stuffed inside each other in various locations here.


Today I ran out to the bookstore with Emi and Natty. On my way out the door, I grabbed one of my bags and stuffed it in my purse. I used it at the checkout and saved a plastic bag! Yipee!


Aren't they cute?


4 comments:

  1. They are cute! I want one. We use fabric bags too but we usually forget them in the house and don't realize it until its time to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! You always get the best BRU deals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Brown one!!! they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They ARE cute!! I need to get me a few too!! I really like those, I should check our Toys R us!

    ReplyDelete