Sunday, March 1, 2009

Teeth, Dog Trouble, Home Search

This past week was another busy week for us. We are finally starting to get over these colds. Seems like everyone has them. Just when Natty started feeling better she began teething. Her first two teeth came in fast and hard. Wednesday morning she woke up fussy and with swollen gums, didn't nap much all day and by the next morning, she had two little bottom teeth poking through. It is so cute, I'm not sure what she thinks of them yet, I know she notices them because she keeps sticking her tongue out.

Emi got bit by my parents dog this week. She (Emi) is always poking at the dog, trying to sit on her, running circles around her... Brooke is a lab/retriever mix and is about 7 years old. She's pretty mellow and hasn't ever gotten upset with Emi. I'm constantly putting Emi in time out and seperating her from the dog but she is SO IMPOSSIBLE. I guess the dog finally had enough and bit her arm. She would have had her face except Emi had put her arms up to cover her face. Now my mom is stressed. She considered getting rid of Brooke but we ended up calling this lady who is kind of like a dog whisperer. She said she had all kinds of help for us so she came by today. Basically all she had to say was that we needed to keep Emi and Brooke apart. Gee, thanks for that.

We have been spending a lot of time looking for a house to buy. Everytime I find something we like we have to drive by it before my agent will take us inside. So we do that as fast as possible and then contact her and find out it's under contract. It's so frustrating. Seems like every home we like is sold before we even get a chance at it. We finally got into several on Saturday and picked one. Went back today to double check and wrote up an offer! We will hear back by Wednesday if it is accepted or not. I'm so ready to have our own place...

Please let me know if you try to comment and aren't able to! I'm hearing that there are problems with the word verification. :-(

3 comments:

  1. I really REALLY hope you get a house soon, and when you do PLEASE tell me how good it feels!! I will live vicariously through you!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Emi getting bit by the dog. Do you think that will stop her from pestering it? Congrats on Natty's teeth! Today is wednesday so I hope to hear good news about the offer soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear the girls are getting better. I know how stressed I was with one baby sick! Has Emi learned to treat the dog better? Soon it will be summer and she can run around outside!

    ReplyDelete